Tennis is a sport that needs dedicated training to achieve perfection. And if you want to rank among the best, you need to invest your time in proper training. It is necessary to create your skills before you actually hit the turf against a strong opponent. So, you need rigorous but systematic training. It is not always possible to get a partner for practice or the assistance of your coach. And in that case, you need the best tennis ball machines to assist you.
Aspiring tennis professionals or just beginners, whatever level you are now in, you definitely need to sharpen your skills even further to achieve perfection. And for that, you need to go through a variety of training. Modern machines are there that can assist you with a wide range of speed, spin, and height for complete tennis training. But before investing, you need to be sure about the machines and their usability.
Best Tennis Ball Machines | Editorial Pick
Spinshot Plus V2
- Full Progamability
- Quick Oscillation
- 120 Balls Storage
- Bright LED Screen
- 2-Way Oscillation
- Upto 120 Km/H
- All Metal Body
- Flexible Power
- Easy Knob Control
Best Tennis Ball Machines To Try In 2021
After seeing a lot of bad times, 2021 flourished again as a year of innovation. Although many companies brought their machines to the market, Spinshot still dominates this genre. We tried several of their machines to finally sort these five of the very best.
Spinshot Plus-2 Tennis Ball Machine
Mobile App Control
- Featuring full drill programmability so that you can pre-set speed and spin before training
- Comes with a quick oscillation setting to give you complete control on the go
- Can hold up to 120 balls at a time so that you don’t need to refill frequently during training
- Easily connected to the unique mobile phone app to assure complete control
- Featuring a flexible power option as it can run in both direct power supply and battery
If you are looking for the best tennis ball machines for professionals, the all-new Plus-2 Tennis Ball Machine from the house of Spinshot is definitely the one. It depicts the perfect combination of modern technology with tennis strategies to yield the best result for any professional.
Besides, this will also work like a charm in any tennis center as it is durable and will last long even with heavy-duty use on a regular basis. All you need is to have some best tennis racquets on your side to start your training with this machine.
- Brand: Spinshot
- Model: Plus2 Model
- Dimension: 18″ x 12″ x 20″ with extendable hopper
- Weight: 18 KGs
- Ball Holding Capacity: 120 Balls
Design: As you can already see, it comes in a compact square shape that is easy to pull and transfer. Besides, it comes with an extendable hopper to make it easy to transfer even further. Moreover, the weight of this tennis ball machine is just around 18 KGs. So, you can easily transfer it with your car itself.
- Featuring a patented De-BallJam design for uninterrupted training
- Comes with a smartwatch remote option for better and easier usability
- Can be connected to the phone app through stable Wi-Fi connections
- Widely regarded as the best tennis ball machines for professionals and tennis centers
- A bit costly than other variants
- Battery connection can seem a little tricky for the new users
Our Take:Without any doubt, it is the best tennis practice machine ever produced. It comes with several advanced features like customization of spin and speed. Besides, it can hold up to 120 balls at a time to ensure uninterrupted tennis training. Moreover, this machine is extremely easy to carry due to its weight and compact design.
Spinshot Plus Tennis Ball Machine
Bright LED Screen
2-Way Oscillation COntrol
- Comes with a bright LED screen for the ease of operation, control, and set during practice
- Ball speed can be customizable from 10 kilometers per hour to 120 kilometers per hour
- You can manually set the time interval from 2 seconds to 10 seconds as per your requirement
- Easily adjustable spin and height setting for intense tennis training
- Features 2-line horizontal and vertical oscillation for more experimental ball delivery
Although it is from the same lineup as Spinshot, the Plus Tennis Ball Machine is much more compact than other variants. It is also meant for professional use as it comes with a sturdy design with better and more enhanced usability.
Besides, it offers a dual power option to make it suitable for transfer and operation without any hassle. Needless to say, it is also a perfect option for the tennis centers. But yes, you do need to have some high-quality tennis strings to test the real performance and speed of this machine.
- Brand: Spinshot
- Model: Plus Model
- Dimension: 18″ x 12″ x 21″ with extendable hopper
- Weight: 19 KGs
- Ball Holding Capacity: 120 Balls
Design: Like all the machines from Spinshot, this machine too is compact and lightweight. It comes in just 21 x 12 x 18 inches dimension to make it easily fit inside your car for the transfer. Besides, 21 KGs total weight also makes it easy to carry and transfer. You can also use the power module for battery operation even on the actual tennis court.
- You can set both vertical and horizontal oscillation for better training
- Easily customizable speed, spin, and shots in different oscillation modes
- Comes with a one-button watch remote for the ease of operation
- Can be easily connected to your iPhone or Android app through Wi-Fi
- You need to purchase the battery pack separately
- Can feel a little costly for the newbie players
Our Take: The entire lineup of Spinshot is great, no doubt. But, the plus model delivers a balanced performance in the longer run. So, if you have close to two grand to spare don’t hesitate and go for this one. Comes with so much customization, this machine can assure complete practice even for professional tennis players.
Spinshot Pro Tennis Ball Machine
Flexible Power Options
- Featuring an all-metal body that will not rust or deteriorate over time even with heavy use
- Comes with a flexible power option to make it portable and easy to use
- Featuring easy knob control to customize and select delivery variation on the go
- Comes with a one-button watch-style remote control for ease of operation
- You can either operate through battery or through an adaptive AC module
The third variant of the lot, the Pro Tennis Ball Machine is undoubtedly among the top-of-the-line products of Spinshot. One of the best things about this tennis ball machine is that it comes with easy knob control which even a child can operate. You can customize and adjust the spin and speed of the delivery on the go. Besides, this unique machine also comes with the trust of Spinshot to assure better performance.
- Brand: Spinshot
- Model: Pro Model
- Dimension: 24″ x 18″ x 23″ with extendable hopper
- Weight: 16 KGs
- Ball Holding Capacity: 120 Balls
Design: Like all the machines from Spinshot, this tennis ball machine also comes with a compact design. Comes with a compact dimension of 50cm x 45cm x 30cm, this machine is easy to carry and easy to transport. Besides, it weighs just around 16 KGs to make it even more portable. This machine comes with an all-metal body to promise its longevity.
- Comes with an adjustable vertical and horizontal oscillation
- You can use it with both direct AC power or through battery module
- Comes with a compact and lightweight design to make it easy to carry
- Comes with a one-year complete warranty from the manufacturer
- Need to buy the power module separately
- Battery charging can take up to 6 hours to fully complete
Our Take: As we have already noticed, this machine is a compact variant of the Spinshot lineup. It comes with an adaptive control through a watch-style remote or through the mobile app. Besides, you can preset your speed, spin, and delivery frequency through easy knob-style setting. Moreover, it is also very lightweight and easy to carry.
Spinshot Lite Tennis Training Machine Basic Model
Embedded Topspin Setting
All-Around Tennis Program
- Comes with an embedded TopSpin feature to enhance and intense your tennis training
- Featuring horizontal oscillation to deliver an all-around tennis training program
- Comes with a watch-style one-button remote control for ease of operation
- You can easily adjust the spin, speed, and ball height according to your preference
- One of the most affordable tennis machines that come with complete customization
If you looking for the best tennis ball machines for juniors, the Lite Tennis Training Machine from the house of Spinshot is definitely among the bests. You can consider it as the lite version of the plus model from the manufacturer. However, this machine also comes with enough customization. However, Spinshot made it even more portable to make it easy to carry even for the junior tennis players.
- Brand: Spinshot
- Model: Lite Model
- Dimension: 18″ x 12″ x 12″ with extendable hopper
- Weight: 10 KGs
- Ball Holding Capacity: 50 Balls
Design: To make it suitable for juniors, Spinshot made this machine even lighter and more compact. With a dimension of 12″x12″x18″, this machine can fit inside your car. Besides, it weighs just around 10 KGs. So, you can easily carry it around with its extendable hoppers. Moreover, it comes with an all-metal body that promises the overall longevity of the product.
- Can hold up to 50 balls for the continuous and intensive tennis training
- Offers horizontal oscillation with adjustable speed for better training
- Lightweight and compact design to make it easy to carry
- All the parameters including speed, spin, and height can be easily adjusted
- Not heavy enough to remain stable with full speed delivery
- The wheels are not of the highest quality
Our Take: If you are looking for a professional-grade machine for juniors on a moderate budget, you should check out this amazing machine. It is compact and lightweight to make it suitable for the little champs. Besides, you can adjust all the speed, spin, height, and oscillation easily to assure intensive tennis training.
YUEWO Portable Tennis Ball Machine
30 Tennis Ball Storage
Dual AC Power Supply
- The professional-grade tennis ball machine can hold up to 30 tennis balls at a time
- Assure better and more intensive practice for hours through accurate feeding of balls
- Great for practicing forehand, backhand, smash, volley, baseline delivery, short balls, and lob
- Power by both battery and direct AC power for better usability
- Comes with a compact design to make it easy to carry and easy to setup
If you have a budget below 300 bucks but still looking for a decent machine, you can definitely buy the portable tennis ball machine from the makers of YUEWO. Needless to say, it is one of the best tennis ball machines on a low to moderate budget. It comes with a compact and lightweight design to make it easy to carry. And the power that it delivers is also of the best quality standards.
- Brand: YUEWO
- Model: Tennis Ball Hopper
- Dimension: 9.85″ x 13″ x 17.3″ with ramp
- Weight: 2.18 KGs
- Ball Holding Capacity: 30 Balls
Design: Comes with a rigid body, this tennis ball machine is made of the highest-quality materials to last long. Besides, the ball-holding ramps are also of great quality and will not break easily. Moreover, the throwing is also very precise as it can reach up to 4 meters at full speed. Needless to say, it will last long even with a minimal maintenance schedule.
- Can hold up to 30 tennis balls for a continuous training
- Extremely lightweight, easy to carry, and convenient to use
- Supports multiple power supply methods for the ease of operation
- Delivers an accurate and efficient feed for a more intensive training
- Not at all suitable for a full-court practice as it comes with just a 4-meter range
- You need to assemble it all by yourself
Our Take: If you have a budget of around 200 bucks, you should go for this one. It is actually a hopper and thrower machine rather than a full-training machine. It has nice coverage of 4 meters that is ideal for any beginner to intermediate level player. But, if you need more customization of settings and more control, go for any higher variant.
So, these are the best tennis ball machines you can buy in 2021. But, you need to decide according to your requirement. If you are looking for a setup that can assist you with basic training, it is better not to cross a grand. But, if you need complete control of the ball delivery like spin, power, and frequency, then it is better to invest in the machine and go for an upgraded one.